Monday, September 13, 2010

Mondays.

I feel like Monday is a cuss word in the average American's mind. Maybe I'm wrong, although I'm pretty confident I'm not the only hata' here. The weekends are just TOO wonderful. I always think how great it would be to just have Monday be part of the weekend. Then I quickly realize that Tuesday would just become the new Monday. Although that would mean only a 4 day week, I'm sure I'd muster up complaints about that too.

Attitude is EVERYTHING. How many times have you heard that in your lifetime? How many times have you wanted to punch the person telling you that in the midst of things not going your way on any given occasion? I've heard it a lot and I've wanted to throw a lot of punches (don't take it personally), just sayin'.  In my ripe age of 23 (HA!) though, I am starting to jump on the "Attitude is Everything" bandwagon. And honestly, I owe the 9 month transitional period as a post-grad for spurring me on towards this jump. I owe JimDaddy Miller and hundreds of other positive influences I was blessed with for teaching me this truth from the get-go. I grew up attending and working at Heaven on Earth. We were taught to "buy into Great Day Program". I realize you might not have a clue what I'm talking about...click on the link for starters and I promise I'll eventually be blogging about this place so much you'll think I have an unhealthy obsesseion (what gives, if I do?) Long story short, we woke up every morning at camp, sat up in our beds, clapped our hands, and said out loud, "It's gonna be GREAT day, and I feel TERRIFIC" (I dare you to try it for a few days!). The idea was to start off the day with a positive attitude making it much harder to allow small incidents throughout the day affect your mood. As I mentioned, I've been taught this my entire life, but it hasn't been until recently that I have started trying to put it into practice. And trust me...there are days when I still wanna throw punches. I've got a long way to go. Thank you Jesus, that when I am weak, You are strong. When my attitude is worse than a dirty diaper, You still love me and take care of me.

Now that I have gone on 20 tangents**....back to Mondays. Here's a few reasons why I have LOVED this Monday...

1. I have Terv to drink Crystal Light out of.  If you don't have a tervis tumbler, just invest. You will not regret it. To the stud that made this oh-so-kind purchase on my behalf...you know I love it now that I have blogged about it! Thanks again!
2. I get to go paint cowboy boots with Virg at Sips'N'Strokes tonight.
3. I get to go home, as in McDonough, tonight.
4. It was below 70 degrees on my way to work this morning.
5. I had a strawberry cookie at lunch from the Blue Rooster.
6. I get to run a few errands for some of my favorites after work.
7. I got up in time to spend some quality time with Jesus this morning and He continues to reveal himself to me in the most refreshing ways.

That doesn't really put a dent in all that I have to be thankful for today, even if it is a Monday. Maybe if I change my "Monday-attitude" things would be a little different. I want to be able to adjust my attitude to where I am always able to enjoy each moment to the fullest. That will be a lifetime project, but I can dang sure try.

Here's to Mondays...y'all do something fun tonight!

BIG love,
Kenz

**Bare with me. This whole blogging thing is way fun and way overwhelming. I start typing and I can't stop. I'm learning how bad I am at organizing my thoughts (I'm doing this in hopes that it will help, haha). While I want to proofread my posts, I don't want them to lose authenticity. Promise I'll get better, if you even care.

No comments:

Post a Comment