Thursday, September 23, 2010

My windshield is so dirty...

So typical. I don't ever get my car washed until it's way past time. The other day though, after having a little moment in the car, I felt okay about my windshield that is now polka dotted with bird poo and smushed bugs.  Before I tell you about my "moment" I've gotta clue you in on something else. Hold that thought...

I absolutely LOVE sunsets. It's that natural element that I ALWAYS notice no matter where I am or what the weather looks like. Sunsets are like God screaming (please notice the simile ;), "I'm real. You will never know how much I love you. I'm bigger than what you are dealing with. I'm right here." at me. I am embarrassed to admit how many times I have almost wrecked trying to use my phone to take pictures of the sun getting eaten up by the clouds. I especially love Longboat Key sunsets like this one...

You gotta see a LBK sunset before you die. Have.to...it's a non-negotiable


Ok since you are on the edge on of your seats wondering about my "moment"...let me get back to it. So I'm driving around good ol' Norcross, Georgia... the land of milk and honey and the sun is doing this cool little thing where it's just bursting out of a cloud, rays extended as far as I could see, and it's light was giving the billowy cloud that glowy outline. Are you getting a visual? I hope so, because this is the one time I didn't get the faithful BB out and risk my life to take pitcha with my camera fone (that's some rap song...I promise.) So as I'm getting excited about how awesome it is, I suddenly get distracted by the nasty splotches covering my windshield. Just as quickly as I was able to "dodge" them with my eyes and continue adoring the sun spectacle, I was able to compare this to real life (like I often do in my own little weird way). It reminded me of life we get distracted and how sometimes our paths are unclear, our sight distorted, and our vision blurred...maybe by bird poop like my windshield but usually by something that is of greater consequence. I could give lots of examples but I don't wanna get negative, although it's reality. BUT no matter what, at the end of a dark tunnel, on the up side of a bad situation, shining THROUGH the dirty windshield is a loving God with arms wide open (now you are going to have Creed in your head). He's always there. His glory is always shining through, if we can only see past the distractions. If we focus on Him and Him alone, all the mess somehow fades and seems not so bad in His light.

Hope your day is full of sunshine and "seeing past the poop".

BIG love,
Kenz

This all made sense in my head but if it didn't in yours be sure of these truths...

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech...It rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other; nothing is deprived of its warmth" Psalm 19: 1,2,6

"Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame." Psalm 34:5

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord" Romans 8:37-39

No comments:

Post a Comment