Friday, October 8, 2010

moving forward

Why so often do I feel like I have to have it all figured out? And by sometimes I mean pretty much all the time. I've got big dreams, people. Those of you that know me well know I'm not very patient either.

                                                  Big dreams + no patience= bad combo.

Sometimes even "taking the next step" is hard because I don't know what it is or I don't want it to be the wrong next step. Being scared to take risks isn't going to get me very far either. Afterall, I know and am learning to love the One who promises "to make firm the steps of those who delight in him" (Psalm 37:23) and the One who promises to go before me and never leave me and never forsake me (paraphrased, Deuteronomy 31:8). So what the heck am I waiting on?? Like sweet Virg* told me the other night, "Keep moving forward, if God doesn't want that for you He will make it very obvious".  Amen.

So here's to moving forward. That doesn't necessarily mean huge life altering decisions at this point. I'm at this place in my life because God put me here. Like John Fisher said, "David wasn't thinking of being King when he was tending sheep; he was just doing what God sat before Him". Boom. I like to think I'm still "tending sheep" but who knows. He has a perfect plan that is coming in His perfect time. I believe it y'all. Believe it for me. Believe it with me. Believe it for yourself. He's going to blow us all away with tailored perfection for each of us individually.

While I may not be BFAB (that's born from a boombox for those of you who haven't seen Step Up 3D...losers :) I wanna be doin' this kinda K*Aus for the rest of my lifeeeee....                                                                 

Hip_Hopgirl2.jpg hip hop dance image by yare3
Except maybe not in cargo pants...



And if it isn't something amazing like that little picture, then it'll be better than that. "...Be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told." (Hab. 1:5) Whew! God is good. All the time.

Blessed by the Best and anticipating the rest...
Kenz

*Virg is my amazinggg roommate. Praise the Lord for friends that love Jesus! 

No comments:

Post a Comment