Thursday, November 4, 2010

Glitz-N-Glam

Based on my blog template you can probably tell I love glitta (that's the swanky way to say glitter). How could you not love it? Besides the fact that when you use it for art projects it gets everywhere and stays there for-almost-ever, it's awesome. It's so fun and sparkly. It makes me envision dancing my heart out on a stage somewhere, audience or no audience, it doesn't matter. For those of you that know me, you know that would be one of my "happy places". Not to get all deep about the stuff you used to make Christmas ornaments in Sunday school at age 5 but think about glitter as a verb for a second. Glitter shines. According to Webster (this whole blog thing is cultivating quite a relationship between the two of us), it means to reflect light with a brilliant, sparkling luster. To get right down to it, I want my life to glitter (or glitta, whichever you prefer). But really, I do. I wanna make a difference in this world, just like glitter makes a difference on anything you dare to glue it too.

I would  not be telling the whole truth if I didn't admit to you that I have been called a "diva" before. I'm not sure how that is even possible considering a diva is a "highly distinguished female singer". We all know what happens when I attempt to sing. I've come to the conclusion that when I am referred to as a diva, the name-callers are referring to my girly, glitter-lovin', dramatic self. I can't help it that I like to be girly. Maybe I can help the fact that I'm ocassionallllly dramatic. That's beside the point. Today, I'll own that diva status though, because when I saw these shoes the first thing I thought was "DIVA" and you better belive they immediately got added to the Christmas list.

Take a minute. Soak in all of their glittery, diva glory. I love these shoes. For a glitter-lover, these are ideal. Annnndddd, when purchased, I will be supporting a good cause. Big thanks to  Tom's  for making my day and giving me inspiration to write a new post (as I know my readers were anxiously anticipating). Check 'em out...you'll fall in love!



Boy, do I hope Santa Baby pulls through with these. More than that though, I pray I make a difference in this world. I want that more than anything. I love when God uses awesome, ordinary, earthly things to remind me of incredible, extraordinary, eternal treasures. "Let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven" Matthew 5:16.


Shine! Make 'em wonder whatcha got...
Kenz

No comments:

Post a Comment